My Thoughts

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve VSC.

My Thoughts

Postby Ryan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Here's a few of my thoughts about the game. More of a review, but will include some suggestions that may want to be taken into consideration. I'll be forwarding some of this over to Steam reviews as well.

As a slot car hobbyist who doesn't exactly have the time, space, and money of fully getting into the professional aspect of slot car racing, this is a game that I'm thrilled to be able to play. It provides easy set-up, racing, and multiplayer functions. There is a lot of potential with VSC, and I cannot stress how important that is. From digital simulation, to rally racing, or even drifting. A lot can be done with this game that'll really open up the game to so many more people. This is a wonderful platform which I'd recommend to anyone interested in slot racing.

Although, there is room to improve. I *guarantee* that some of what I'm about to mention has either been suggested before or currently being worked on. My number request has to be digital racing. This is a very very vital part of modern day slot racing and really brings in a whole new level of realism and excitement that lane rotations just can't. I've seen this requested on other parts of the forums and website, but it's been over a year without any news or updates that I've come across involving it. I may be wrong, though. My second biggest recommendation is the addition of something such as a free-play feature. A feature where you can pick any car, parts, or track. This leads right to my only complaint. I've been playing for over 2 hours, with probably around an hour and a half of actual on-track time, and have yet to get past the fourth or fifth track. After spending around 20 minutes or so building the closest thing I could to a replica of the Le Mans circuit, I was disappointed to learn you had to pay for the track pieces. I completely understand this is supposed to be a realistic simulation and you don't have hundreds of track parts for free, but I strongly believe that custom track pieces should be free. Having to pay over 1000 coins for the missing parts is absurd. I don't necessarily believe that all track parts should be completely free, but having to race the same 4-5 tracks for about 25+ times in a row isn't something that I want to do. Very repetitive. The repetitiveness and lack of access to some of my custom tracks has been the biggest factor in keeping me away from the game recently. I also recommend giving the track editor a revamp. Very dull and could use some help. More scenery objects, whether it'd be hills/trees/bushes would also do a whole lot when adding to the realism.

Another issue I've been having is modding. I understand there is a modding section of the forum for help, but the included documents don't go into as much depth as I hoped in how you'd go about importing your vehicle. I've also noticed resolution/quality has dropped substantially after changing the static view, but resetting once the race is over. That may be an issue on my end but I'm not so sure.

Over the past week or so of playing this game, I've loved it. I believe this is money well spent and I do hope the development team understands how much potential this idea has. With that being said, I hope you consider taking some of these ideas into consideration.

Re: My Thoughts

Postby Zayfod » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:17 am

Thanks a lot for your input Ryan, we really appreciate it! Sorry for the late reply.
Though we can not immediately commit to track design updates such as digital lane changing, we are very aware that players have requested it. We will keep you posted if there are any changes ;)

Regarding the free to play request. We want VSC to be a game that rewards continued play and winning. That is why you earn considerably more money for a win, and considerably more money for playing a longer round duration up to the default 5 minute round. For example:

At Beginner level you may have achieved 2nd place on the Kyalami track which has two lanes. You may have achieved a total of 60 laps. The winner however achieved 65 laps. Your chosen round duration may have been 3 minutes rather than the default 5 minute round.

So, this would therefore be 100 (your level multiplier) x (3/5, the round duration factor) x 2 (the number of lanes on Kyalami) / 2 (your position – you came second) x (60/65) the ratio of your achieved laps over the winning lap count. Resulting in a total coin achievement of 55 coins rounded, plus any bonus coins for new personal best lap time, fastest lap on any lane and greatest lap count on any lane.

• If you came 2nd in the 1st above scenario and had round duration set to only 1 minute you would have received 18 coins plus any bonus coins for new personal best lap time, fastest lap on any lane and greatest lap count on any lane.
  • If you came 2nd in the 1st above scenario and had round duration set to 5 minutes you would have received 92 coins plus any bonus coins for new personal best lap time, fastest lap on any lane and greatest lap count on any lane.
  • If you came 2nd in the 1st above scenario yet only completed 10 laps you would have received 9 coins plus any bonus coins for new personal best lap time, fastest lap on any lane and greatest lap count on any lane.
  • If you came 2nd in the 1st above scenario yet only completed 30 laps you would have received 28 coins plus any bonus coins for new personal best lap time, fastest lap on any lane and greatest lap count on any lane.
  • If you came 1st in the 1st above scenario you would have received 120 coins plus any bonus coins for new personal best lap time, fastest lap on any lane and greatest lap count on any lane.
  • If you came 1st in the 1st above scenario and had round duration set to 5 minutes you would have received 200 coins plus any bonus coins for new personal best lap time, fastest lap on any lane and greatest lap count on any lane.

So the spectrum of winnings ranges from 9 coins to 200 coins.

We wanted to ensure that players are rewarded for winning and playing longer, but we also wanted to ensure that for those who prefer to play shorter rounds are rewarded proportionately. We also wanted to ensure that cheating was discouraged, this is why your number of laps is always measured against the number of laps that the winner achieves. Without this, you could easily obtain a 2nd place only Kyalami with only having competed 1 lap! :)

We think this coin allocation system is quite fair, but if you have more ideas on the matter we would love to hear them.

Lastly, we would love to receive your offered review on STEAM, so thanks again!

Best,
Zay

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”