Oculus Rift

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve VSC.

Oculus Rift

Postby BigJeffIE » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:37 am

Are there any plans to bring this to the Oculus Rift?

It'd be great to have this in VR or AR so that you're all standing around the track racing with your VR friends.

Re: Oculus Rift

Postby Zayfod » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:52 pm

G'day BigJeffIE :) welcome to the forums!

VR, yep, it would be extremely cool, and VSC is probably very well suited for it. We don't yet have the resources to dig into at the moment, and probably can't in the short term. From our initial peek at the Oculus SDK there would be considerable code rewrites required our side, including but not limited to input and rendering, and of course we'd need to invest in a fair amount more hardware. First we want to nail the simulation and complete our current plans. We'd also have to look into the market to see how many people are actually using such hardware for gaming, then weigh the effort against that. None of what I said counters the cool measure of Oculus though! So, who knows what may happen right? Never say never.

Re: Oculus Rift

Postby BigJeffIE » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 am

Yes let's hope one day you get the chance to do it.

I see there's something for the ps4 out soon but it looks very over the top and crazy golf like. I think a fairly standard look would be better.

I can just imagine putting on an AR headset and building a virtual track around your living room, then inviting your friends to race. Although in VR the setting could be something a bit bigger than my room.

One day...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”